How to arrange home according to Vastu Shastra?
Vastu Shastra, the ancient Indian wisdom of architecture, offers a holistic approach to home design, ensuring that each corner of your space vibrates with harmony and positivity. Whether you’re looking into the nuances of ‘Vastu Shastra for home design’, or specifically focusing on essentials like ‘Vastu Shastra bed position’ and the ideal ‘Vastu Shastra sleeping direction’, this guide is curated to bring to you the best practices. Dive in to discover how to craft a ‘Vastu Shastra home’ that’s not just aesthetically pleasing but also radiates with prosperity and well-being. How to arrange home according to Vastu Shastra?
Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian guide for designing and organizing spaces. Think of it as a mix between architecture and positive energy flow. Just as we want our homes to look nice, Vastu believes in arranging them in a way that promotes happiness, prosperity, and well-being. It gives suggestions on where to place different rooms, how to position furniture, and even what colors might bring good vibes. While it’s based on old traditions, many people today still turn to Vastu for ideas on setting up their homes for a harmonious life. vastu shastra for home design.
Table of Contents
Vastu Shastra, the ancient Indian science of architecture and space, prescribes guidelines for designing and arranging homes in a manner that harmonizes with the natural forces, promoting well-being, prosperity, and happiness for the inhabitants.
Vastu Shastra principles: Vastu Shastra for Home Design
Here’s a basic outline of how to arrange a home according to Vastu Shastra principles:
Direction of the House:
- The entrance should ideally face the north or east. Avoid having the main door towards the south-west, as it’s believed to bring in negative energies.
- Avoid a property that slopes from the North to the South.
- Should ideally be in the north or east.
- The furniture should be square or rectangular, and should be arranged in the south-west corner, leaving the north-east corner empty or less cluttered.
- The television can be placed in the south-east corner.
- Master bedroom should be in the south-west corner of the house.
- Avoid beds in the center of the bedroom. They should be placed so that when you sleep, your head is towards the south or west.
- Mirrors in the bedroom should not reflect the bed and it’s better to place them along the north or east wall.
- The ideal place for a kitchen is the south-east corner of the house (the zone of Agni or fire). The second best option is the north-west corner.
- The cook should face the east or north while cooking.
- Water elements like sinks should be in the north-east corner, whereas the stove or burner should be in the south-east.
- Bathrooms can be in the north-west or west side of the house.
- Geysers or heating elements should be placed in the south-east.
- Drains or outlets should ideally be in the north-east.
- Ideally, it should be in the west, north, or north-east of the house.
- While reading, face the north or east for improved concentration.
Pooja Room or Worship Room:
- This room should be in the north-east corner, which is considered the most sacred.
- The idols should not touch the wall and should be placed a few inches away. They should face either east or west, and people should face the north or east while praying.
Balconies and Verandas:
- These should ideally be in the north or east. Avoid having a balcony in the south, especially if it is heavy with utilities or plants.
- Every direction has specific colors as per Vastu. For instance, the north should have shades of green, the east can have shades of white, south can have browns and yellows, while the west can have blues.
- It’s a good idea to keep the center or Brahmasthan of the house open and free from heavy objects or clutter.
- Plants like Tulsi (Basil) are considered auspicious. Avoid plants like cacti which have thorns.
- A water source like a fountain or aquarium in the north-east can be beneficial.
Lastly, remember that while Vastu guidelines can provide a blueprint for spatial harmony, personal comfort and practical considerations are also essential. It’s a good idea to balance Vastu principles with personal preferences and contemporary design.
Arrange Home according to Vastu Shastra: A Three-Story Blueprint with Ground Water Storage
Vastu Shastra, the ancient Indian architectural wisdom, blends aesthetics with the forces of nature, ensuring not just a beautiful home but one filled with harmony and prosperity. If you’re planning to design a three-story home and incorporate water storage according to Vastu, you’re in the right place. Let’s dive into a Vastu-compliant design for such a home.
The Plot and Initial Considerations
For this design, we’ll assume a plot of 90 square vars, leaving a 2-meter space on the east and south sides.
Ground Floor Designs:
- The Welcoming Entrance: Ensure your main door is in the North or East side, welcoming positive energy right from the start.
- The Heart of the Home – Living Room: Place it towards the North or East, making it bright, airy, and Vastu-compliant.
- The Kitchen: Southeast is the ideal corner for the kitchen, with the cooking platform facing east.
- Cozy Dining: Just adjoining the kitchen, towards the west.
- Relaxing Bedroom: For peaceful nights, the Southwest or Northwest part of the ground floor works best.
- Neat Bathrooms: Positioned ideally in the North-West corner.
- Staircase to Above: South or West is preferred, ensuring unobstructed flow of energy in North or East zones.
First Floor Designs:
- The Luxurious Master Bedroom: South-West corner is the haven, preferably with an attached bathroom.
- Additional Bedrooms: North-West or North-East corners are both serene choices.
- Morning Coffee Balconies: Choose the East or North direction.
- Family Time Lounge: Central, North, or East are the prime choices.
Top Floor Touch:
- Guest Space or Office: Northeast corner exudes welcoming vibes.
- Starry Terraces: East or North side, with South-West slightly elevated.
- Study Nook: Facing the North or East ensures productivity.
- Utility Corners: West or South-West are optimal.
The Unique Touch – Ground Water Storage:
Here’s where the design gets interesting. If you’re leaving a 2-meter space, especially on the east, here’s how you integrate Vastu with practicality:
- Tank Position: North-East corner of the space is prime. Remember, water in the Northeast is believed to attract positive energies.
- Shape it Right: Go for rectangular or square shapes.
- Safety First: Always cover the tank, making it leak-proof.
- The Pumping Station: South-East or North-West are the best places for the pump.
- Overhead Considerations: If you’re going vertical with water storage in the future, South-West on the top floor is your zone.
Designing a home as per Vastu Shastra doesn’t just ensure architectural beauty, but a balance of energies. With every corner and space radiating positivity, your three-story home won’t just be a structure but a sanctuary of happiness, prosperity, and peace. Remember, while Vastu provides excellent guidelines, always consider personal comforts and consult local experts when finalizing designs. Happy home building!
FAQs on Vastu Shastra for Home Design
What is Vastu Shastra for home design?
- Vastu Shastra for home design refers to the ancient Indian science of aligning spaces with nature’s forces, ensuring that the home’s layout promotes positivity, harmony, and well-being for its residents.
How can I make my home a Vastu Shastra home?
- To create a Vastu Shastra home, you need to follow certain principles related to the placement of rooms, furniture, and other elements. This involves considering the cardinal directions, balancing the five elements (earth, water, fire, air, space), and ensuring an unobstructed flow of positive energy throughout the house.
Why is the Vastu Shastra bed position essential for a harmonious home?
- The Vastu Shastra bed position is vital as it’s believed that the direction you sleep in can influence your health, prosperity, and overall life quality. Proper positioning ensures sound sleep, better health, and harmonious relationships.
What is the ideal Vastu Shastra sleeping direction?
- According to Vastu Shastra, the ideal sleeping direction is with the head facing south or east. Sleeping with your head in the north is generally advised against, as it’s believed to disturb the body’s magnetic fields, leading to health issues.
Can I renovate an existing home to align with Vastu Shastra principles?
- Yes, you can make modifications to an existing home to align better with Vastu principles. While some changes may require structural modifications, others like adjusting the Vastu Shastra bed position or changing room usage can be more straightforward.
Do all regions and cultures follow Vastu Shastra home principles?
- While Vastu Shastra originates from ancient Indian traditions, its principles resonate with many people globally. Similar architectural philosophies exist in various cultures, like Feng Shui in Chinese culture. However, it’s essential to adapt Vastu guidelines based on individual beliefs, regional nuances, and personal preferences.
- Why is the Vastu Shastra sleeping direction considered so crucial?
The sleeping direction in Vastu Shastra is deemed essential because it’s believed that the magnetic field of the Earth interacts with the human body, influencing health, mental peace, and well-being. The right direction can offer a sound sleep and refreshment upon waking.
- How should I position my bed according to Vastu Shastra bed position guidelines?
- Ideally, the bed should be placed so that your head points towards the south or east when sleeping. Avoid having the bed directly in line with the bedroom door and keep it away from the room’s corners.
- What are the Vastu guidelines for setting up a living room?
- The living room, often being the most active part of the house, should preferably be in the north or east direction. It’s best to have heavier furniture in the west or south-west corner. Also, the main seating area should face north or east, ensuring guests and family members sit facing these directions.
- Where should the kitchen be located in a Vastu Shastra home?
- The Southeast corner is ideal for the kitchen since it’s associated with the element of fire. If not available, the Northwest corner is the next best option. Ensure the person cooking faces east for the best positive energy flow.
- Can the bed’s placement affect marital harmony in the master bedroom?
- Yes, according to Vastu Shastra, the bed’s position can influence relationships. It’s advised to place the bed in the South-West corner of the bedroom and avoid placing it under any beam or window. This positioning ensures stability and stronger bonds in the relationship.
- What direction should the stove face in the kitchen based on Vastu principles?
- The stove, representing the fire element, should ideally face towards the east. This ensures that the person cooking faces the east, promoting good health and positive vibes in the food being prepared.
Remember, while Vastu provides valuable guidelines, it’s always best to consult experts and consider personal preferences when designing or renovating your home.
May peace be with you. Shubham Bhavatu.